Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Waiting...

(I'm actually posting on March 17th, but decided to post this draft from the 4th
as I struggled with...well, with waiting, trusting, etc.)

We are still waiting on many things--pre-approval (which has been taking a long time for some families), home study approval, more medical explanation forms, and our precious daughter to be home. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said, "we've done this before, I'll be more prepared this time, the paperwork shouldn't be so bad second time around"! I know my Father has to look at me and chuckle sometimes. Sooo... more lessons on waiting for Him and pressing into His strength during my daily moments of weakness, anxiety, frustrations, etc. I have to say in all my wrestling, He does bring a peace and a grace to press through that can't be found any other way.

I started to delete this entry since I never got back to it, but decided it needed to be left as a reminder of how we, I, walk through.

We did finally see answers--our PA came in on March 14th along with our homestudy approval. The last of the medical forms arrived, so all we really need as far as paperwork is our FBI/ immigration clearance and approval. That approval wait can be up to 2-3 months, but we continue to hope for quick processing. We did hear from a family who just got their child and was able to visit Jin Ming's orphanage. They took video and pictures of all the children who came to greet them and will post those when they return. We are so hoping to see our Jin Ming in some of those pictures. They said the new facility was so nice and that all the children were well cared for and so loved by the staff. We so often pray for those precious caregivers in China who have become mamas to our children until they can find their forever homes. I know many of them will always hold a special place in our kids hearts.

After the whirlwind of stock show season ending, we are now planning on being home for a while. Hopefully that means me keeping up with posts better! Thanks for all of you who keep us covered in prayer.

Love and blessings!

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

Leigh, thanks for your "postings", they always remind me of prayer needs that I sometimes forget to pray about, i.e. the precious caregivers. Wouldn't it be wonderful to catch a "glimpse" of our Jin Ming in the photos? How we praise the Lord for your sweet family & the enduring effort to bring Jin Ming home. Mother (that's for Britt-smile!)