Thursday, June 26, 2008

We have a name!

I know we've been calling JinMing "Jinny" for a while now, mostly because it was easy. I've just had this sneaking suspicion it might be something else, a name with a story. Sooo, yesterday was our 20th anniversary and Jeff asked me what I wanted, I said "our daughter's name". The rest went something like this... he looked at me and said we've been calling her Jinny. I know we've been calling her Jinny, but I want to know that we chose her name, a name with meaning, with a story. Jeff then asks, like what? Like I've always known Faith would be a part of her name because she was born in our hearts out of faith and confidence that God had another child for us. I then asked him about the name Emma. He said he really liked it and it was his great grandmothers name (she was the one who cared for Jeff as a little boy and her birthday is the same as JinMing's, July 18th). We left the conversation at that and this morning Jeff called me to say, Leigh, her name is Emma Faith JinMing Chisum! I just knew her Daddy would know it, I mean really know it when it was real.

So now we change everything to Emma and have an even better story to tell her when she grows up. Isaiah had stopped calling her Jinny about a month ago, so I should have known something was up!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

The name is perfect, so happy you found it and the story behind it! You could always call her Emmie, sounds kind of like Jinny. Emma & Mavery, here we come! Doesn't that sound good!