Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma Faith!

We really had hopes when all this started that we just might be with Emma for her 5th birthday, but it was not to be. So now we send her all our love and some gifts and a cake from miles away. (she actually would have celebrated her special day while we were sleeping) The package we and her grandparents sent was put together by Angela in China. She did a great job and even found a toy that teaches some English. I can't wait to see the pictures of her day and to see her in her new dress! I wonder what she was thinking as she went through her "first" birthday knowing that some of her friends had already gone to a place called "home" while she and others wait. Isaiah put into words, when finally watching some of her video, what she might be feeling..."it is really sad in China without a mommy and daddy. I don't like it." I just pray she finds comfort in knowing she isn't forgotten and we'll send gifts and reminders for as long as we have to.

I know the Father is using this time to continue to prepare her heart and ours for her arrival, but some days the wait just really stinks! I just have to lay all my emotions and questions at His feet and know that He makes all things beautiful in His time and this will be no different. We are on day 51 of the wait for our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and are hopeful that it will arrive by the end of the month. We will still have another 3-4 weeks after that for Travel Approval and then I'm not sure what the wait will be. Last time we hit the crunch before the October holiday and were pushed back. I'm still holding out hope that maybe we can get that late September travel.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh your post made me cry! I am so sad you were not there with her for her birthday, but so thankful for the great videos we got this week, what a blessing! You are right, our Father WILL make it all beautiful in HIS time. Just praying that His time is SOON! ;0)