Friday, September 5, 2008

Travel Approval for Emma!!!!!

We got the news that our TA arrived at our agency yesterday, September 4th...two days before Jeff's birthday and the day we got word of Isaiah's TA in 2006. We knew it was on its way on Tuesday and were hoping it would arrive in time for us to get our request back to China for the earliest possible Consulate appointment (CA) and it did! We've requested the first October date that we could which is the 13th. That would put us leaving on the 2nd and getting Emma on the 6th. Our second choice is the 20th and I'm not EVEN going to talk about the third option. We seriously are praying for the first date because I don't think my heart could take any later!?

Our friends Mark and Shannon (www.herewegrowagain.blogspot.com), who have their daughter Mavery waiting for them at Emma's SWI, have also received their TA and are still hoping to travel with us. We should have things finalized by the end of next week. We are praying on so many fronts for the perfect completion of this leg of the journey. After walking with Isaiah through his transition, I know all too well the loss and grieving that their little hearts endure, but I'm also so aware of the Father's bigger plan, His comfort, and the joy of a child finally home. I just know how much prayer does to pave the way and how much we need Him for the every phase of this journey.

I have to share another Isaiah story. Last Friday we were praying and Isaiah was asking for Emma to be home soon. He then said," thank you God that JinMing will be coming home on Tuesday". He finished and said "Today's Friday, tomorrow's Saturday, then it's Sunday and Monday and Tuesday and we get to go get my sister! " I said that I wished we could get her on Tuesday, but it would have to be a little longer than that. He then replied, "no mama we can go get her on Tuesday!" I then just said okay, Isaiah. When he got out of school on Tuesday, Brittany picked him up and told him the news about our TA coming. He said, "I told you JinMing was coming home on Tuesday!"

Why do I ever doubt what this little one hears? Isaiah has always had an ear tuned to heaven to hear what His Father says. What a blessing my children are and how I love to watch them grow in their giftings. What will Emma do and say that astounds me and makes my heart smile?

We have so many last minute details to take care of...flights, hotels, packing, and final paperwork that I know the time will fly and we'll be on that plane to China!

Leigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to meet Emma soon!
Madison

Dana said...

Hi! I'm Dana, and have been e-mailing with Shannon lots, heard all about you and Emma!! We are leaving Oct. 2nd for China for our 4 year old daughter Ellie. Hope you can go together the first week in Oct. while we are there! Would love to meet you all in GZ!!
Best wishes!!