Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I-171H!!!!

We finally got that little piece of paper that everything revolves around yesterday! I had asked my Father for that approval for Mother's Day and little did I know it was on it's way. When I looked at the date we were approved (passed all the FBI backgroung checks), I noticed it was the exact same day as Isaiah's-- May 8th. I keep seeing God's little kisses to me in all these things, just to let me know He's in control and has His perfect timing. I loved Isaiah's reaction when I came running in the house waving the paper saying "we got it!". He started jumping up and down yelling "Yes! Yes! FINALLY, now we can go get Jinny!" I had to burst his bubble a little and tell him it would still be a while longer, but he said, "that's okay, we'll still have her really soon." I love his joy and the life he brings to our home! Needless to say, it has been a mad dash to get this one last piece of paperwork certified in Austin and authenticated in Houston so we can send it to CHI and on to China. We hope to have all of this done by Friday and our completed dossier to China at the first of next week! Then we begin our wait for travel...hopefully 3-5 months, but less would be great--a miracle, but great.

We did hear that Jinny and her area of China is fine, but the devastation in the areas hardest hit by the earthquake is heartwrenching. Half the Sky (www.halfthesky.org) is a great place to keep updated and give to help those hardest hit. We also heard form Jin's orphanage that she got the pillow with our family picture and some candy we sent. They said she was sooo excited to get a gift from us. I just sat and cried when I read it, knowing she was seeing us for the first time and wondering what she was thinking. We are plannning on sending her a family album and some clothes next time. I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to keep in contact with the orphanage and to know they are doing such a great job preparing her.

The rest of the Chisum household is doing great. We're ready for the summer and some down time, if there is any such thing. I'm hoping to have some time to get the kids rooms in order and ready for Jinny. She'll be here before we know it!

No comments: